Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gyoboshi

Posted by gardenberry z5 IL (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 11, 07 at 15:45

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a N. American source for gyoboshi, or those onion-flower-shaped copper ornaments that you sometimes see topping the posts of bridges.

If not N. American, any source in Japan with a phone number would also be appreciated.

GardenBerry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gyoboshi

• Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 14, 07 at 8:06

Hi Ms k
Try call to Consulate general of Japan in Chicago and Ask for JETRO phone number. JETRO, short of Japan external trade organization which is goverment private cector working togather to promote Export,Import of Japanese campany and forgin company. They have huge data for Japanese campanies. Consulate General of Japan has small amount of such data, and most of time they reffer to JETRO. When you call JETRO, try to talk Japanese officer. Many American working to assist many request of informations. American worker may not know anything you are asking for.
Also kyoto Chamber of commerce and Koyto Zoen kumiai is good place to call. If you can find any well know Japanese garden Archticts, he may know where you can find Goboshi/Gihoju.
Try to use botanic garden letter head and name .
I have few peoples names I can think of.but You try first your self. If you can't find ,let't me to know.

( I'm busy too and cost me many hours and money. after you spend your time and effort and still can't find it then I will help you.)

Giboshi is not item of mass production. It made by "bankin ko" sheet metal craftman.......I think.

Japanesegardener1@yahoo.com This is my email address. Send me email, and let's me to know what is the specifcation, number of quantitiy etc.
..........Yama

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here