Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little diversion

Posted by bonsai_audge Ottawa, ONT (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 24, 07 at 18:49

Well, not really. If you've been to the Professional Gardener forum, you might know that I've been busy with a design project for a university course I'm taking. The assignment was to take a predetermined space (both interior and exterior) and fit it up in any way that we liked and then to build a scale model of it. I decided that a simplistic style would be the best for the small space (about 900 square feet inside, and 600 outside), and so decided to make a little Japanese garden (similar to a tsuboniwa, if my vocabulary is correct) in an area of the yard. I hope you enjoy, and would appreciate any critiques of criticism.

View of the garden area, from the dining room:

The entire garden:

A detail of the tsukubai:

A note on the construction: practically everything was hand-made (including the rocks!) and not pre-made for model-building (except for the moss, which is flocking to create trees). I would definitely recommend experimenting with Japanese garden model building (which was probably the most enjoyable part to make). It's interesting to see what you can come up with if you have very little limitations. It's also not dependent on the weather (as it seems that activity decreases during the winter).

-Audric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little diversion

• Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
    Thu, Jan 25, 07 at 19:52

Hi Audric
try to use one red color /leave or berry. contrust of color give life to whole landscaping. Red dot in garden give spice to your garden.
Using Contrust of shape,size,color,material and texture makes any style of landscaping intresting.
In Japanese garden, eye illusion and mind illusion are used very effectivly.
Enjoy what you are learning...............yama

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here