Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ja_gardener

Your Japanese garden questions

ja-gardener
11 years ago

There seems to be little new questions on this forum. I am not sure if it is a lack of interest or expertise. I will try to help answer any questions I can.

A question I have is, how did you 1st get interested in Japanese Gardens?

Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Starting your Japanese Garden

This post was edited by ja-gardener on Tue, Jan 15, 13 at 21:24

Comments (7)

• ebb_tide
    11 years ago

thank you for posting - it's something to dream about while the snow is still falling!

• mrao77
    11 years ago

Thanks ! I just posted about location for a JM crimson queen in my Sun scorched yard. Maybe you can guide me.

• botann
    10 years ago

I got interested in Japanese gardens when I worked for a Japanese landscaping company. I was the only Caucasian on the crew. That's all we did, design and install Japanese gardens.
    The foreman and I worked weekends installing Japanese rock gardens. That's where I learned the art of rock placement. I loved it! Still do.
    Mike

• 111irene111
    10 years ago

My first interest in Japanese gardens came from visiting the island, Madeira. They have amazing gardens and an oriental one inside too. I have made my own home's garden into a Japanese garden and have wrote an article on the subject with the focus of Japanese metal gates. Slightly unrelated to my company of gates, but it is for my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Japanese metal gates

• yama.tokyo
    9 years ago

Hi Mike
    Long time no see. ^I^ I have ben back to Tokyo 3 1/2 years ago from Georgia. We have very hot weather past few days. Toky is different from Ga or last I libed inSalem Mass. Keep in touch.
    yama

• mikebotann
    9 years ago

Yama! Good to hear from you again.
    Mike

• mikebotann
    9 years ago

Yama, check out my garden. It's not Japanese style, but I do have a lot of trees from Japan. The garden is always evolving, and has been for the last 35 years.
    Mikebotann/photobucket.com
    Mike

Sponsored