Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to cut bottle ?

Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 31, 07 at 21:25

Sorry. topic isn't good for Japanese garden forum. but no place to ask.
I have beautiful Sake bottles and want to grow plants in bottle. Will you tell me how to cut bottle ?
Thank you..........................yama

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to cut bottle ?

U can tie the wire around the bottle where U want to cut it, then put the bottle into the flame, wait until the wire turn red, then U can remove the upper part of the bottle (of course, U MUST use the gloves to touch the bottle to avoid a burn and DO NOT put the stopper into the mouth of bottle to avoid a bomb ;-)). Good luck. Bonhe

o

• Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 1, 07 at 21:52

bonhe
Thank you. any wire will work? I have welding gloves. I wll try. Do you any have sugestion of heat source? map gas, propane gas,act/ox torch ? ..............yama

o

Hi Yama,
U can use 20 Gauze wire.
Heat source: grill
Take care. Bonhe

o

Dear Mike: I would hate to see you damage your nice bottle or your nice face so go to the link below for more information and whatever method you try experiment on a non valuable bottle first, you only have one face so be careful.

Here is a link that might be useful: bottle cutting

o

Sat, Feb 3, 07 at 9:16

Inky
I should give you big, big hug and kiss^^. I tresure this informations.
I saw a plants in winne bottle in Japanese miniture bonsai book. curently I am working on miniture bonsai with non treditional bonsai container such as soap dish, candle holder,floor tile, salsa dish natunal stone drift wood etc, and moss culture.

Bonhe
Thank you . I will work carefully, not to injure myself nor lose my eye.^^

yama

o

Mike: you can hold off on the kisses for as long as you want but if you have another sake bottle that needs emptying I can help with that.I have not seen anything from you at Nachodaddies place yet BTW.

o

Wed, Feb 14, 07 at 1:29

Inky
I talked with nachodaddy and he set me pass word but can't post some how. I am still studying Buddhism and Japanese history to understand Japanese garden. I have many things to study beside Japanese history,Buddhism.
I will speak to him again..................yama

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here