Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Satsuma in Container

Posted by yakkwak N. Texas (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 8:16

Have purchased a Miho Satsuma Mandarin Orange tree that is just loaded with flower buds on every branch. This is a dwarf tree that is hardy to 20 deg.F. As I have done in the past with Calamondin citrus cultivar, my goal is for it to be a container tree. It sits next to large, sliding glass doors and will be wheeled outside for the day onto the patio on the other side when weather is nice. As it is so bud loaded, I did NOT want to mess much with it until after harvest (it is self-pollinating variety). I transferred it into a 12" wide by 18" high ceramic pot w /tray with no root trimming. Will this size be OK? I am not interested in it getting any larger. I bonsai many plants and have a 3' high Calamondin citrus graft that produces fruit and a four year old, 1' Calamondin from seed that will probably never bear. The blooms are supposed to be very fragrant but the buds are not throwing off ANY scent. Will this change as they open?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here