Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A little information

Posted by anzuume 9a Nagoya Japan (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 06 at 9:32

I don't know if people in this forum are interested in this kind of things (I'm not non-Japanese, so I don't know what you find interesting,) but I found it in the publication of the Nagoya city hall. If you'll be in Nagoya or around on 18 Mar, you can enter and look around
in Tokugawa-en for free (9:30-17:30.)

Sorry, but I personally have never visited there, so I cannot tell how the place is like.

Anzuume

Here is a link that might be useful: Official Page of Tokugawa-en (in English)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A little information

What does "I am not non-Japanese" mean? Does that mean that you ARE Japanese?

o

Oops, sorry, I didn't know there could be the cases it wouldn't mean that. Yes, I am Japanese.

Sorry again, but I don't/won't answer questions about Japanese Gardens usually because
* I don't/won't have (what is called) Japanese Gardens.
* I guess people here who's interested in Japanese Gardens have far better knowledge.
* It's actually not easy for me to translate (read/write) posts.
Sorry if I interrupted you, but I just dropped by to post the first message of this thread.

I remembered I was taught at high school that ARE is emphasized in English. JAPANESE would be in Japanese.

Happy J-Gardening.

Anzuume

o

Anzuume,
Most of the posters here live in Europe or America. They think a Japanese garden is something like what your see at Ryoan-ji or Katsura. What do YOU think a Japanese garden is?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here