Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Japanese Garden to Visit

Posted by Tony_C z5Michigan (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 8, 05 at 16:27

I'm in Grand Rapids, Michigan and eager to accelerate spring. During the next couple of weekends I have a chance to take a weekend break. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm game for a 300-400 mile trip south to find somewhere to visit. Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Japanese Garden to Visit

Hi Tony,
You can visit my garden (I am only joking.)
George

Here is a link that might be useful: George's Japanese Garden

o

Tony;

Try http://www.jgarden.org/ and put in your zip code on the main page.

Found three within 100 miles of ya.....

Michael

o

Come to St. Louis for the largest stroll garden in the western hemisphere at the Missouri Botanical Garden. It may be more than 400 miles but we have killer Italian food also.

o

Hi Tony, you might try Anderson's Gardens in Rockford Il. and the Chicago Botanical Gardens has a wonderful Japanese Garden. Check to be sure the Anderson's Gardens is open for visitors. Hope the weather improves, it's kind of cold.

Cheers Jando

o

Tony, Jando,

Anderson Gardens does not open until May 1st.

Greg

Here is a link that might be useful: Anderson Gardens

o

So, Jeepster....where would you recommend to go for that Italian food after one visits the garden?

o

Gardener KS

Luckily our garden is about three blocks away from the main Italian district "The Hill". You can get some original "Toasted Ravioli" at the place that created it - yuummmmmmm.

o

Believe it or not, Fort Worth, Texas has an awesome Japanese Garden...the best place to visit on a scorching summer day in the metroplex!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here