Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathsgrdn

Need help in identifying dwarf or semi-dwarf Japanese maple

Kathsgrdn
17 years ago

I just returned from a nearby nursery and they had one of the most beautiful trees I've ever seen. It was part of their landscape, so not for sale. They're expecting more this summer, but they will be about $100 each. If I can find one on-line cheaper, I've rather do that. Here is what they told me, it's a Verdere (they didn't know how to spell it). I couldn't find anything on-line with that name pertaining to Japanese Maples...the closest thing I saw was Viridis? They said grew to 8 foot tall, green leaves in Spring, darker in Summer and orange in Fall. The tree was very thick, with beautiful lacy leaves, and may be a weeping type? It didn't weep alot, like a willow or cherry but kind of had a downward dip to it's branches, hard to explain. The tree was beautiful and I love orange fall color. Wish I had a camera so I could've taken a picture to post. There are so many different varieties out there, I finally decided to come here and ask hoping someone here would steer me in the right direction. Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional