Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
japanese garden at huntington library Los Angeles

Posted by margie15 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 23, 08 at 21:34

Has anyone been to the garden at Huntington library and botanical gardens in Los Angeles? Is it worth the trip?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: japanese garden at huntington library Los Angeles

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 23, 08 at 22:43

Even if the Japanese garden doesn't turn out do it for you there is plenty of other stuff to see there anyway.

o

Thank you bboy. I just might drop in there.

o

• Posted by bboy z8 WA USA (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 28, 08 at 18:44

Check out their web site. This is a major facility offering much more than just gardens.

o

Yes. They just opened the Chinese Garden, which is very nice. I recommend that you enter the J Garden, walk through it (to the left) and when your done follow the path to the Chinese garden. Most of the streams in the J Garden flow from a huge waterfall in the Chinese Garden. I have been a few times and I always guide people through that way. Its also interesting to go from a more subtle J Garden into the more ornate Chinese garden and the walk sort of prepares you.

Enjoy ! Let me know how you liked it.

The Huntington also has lilly ponds in sort of a Jungle setting in another part of the gardens. The place is much larger than you think so I would go see the gardens you really want to see first and then if your not beat up go see the rest.

o

• Posted by botann z8 SEof Seattle (My Page) on
    Fri, May 23, 08 at 0:34

It's a wonderful garden. I spent a full day there a few years ago and could have spent a week. The succulent and cacti garden was the most striking. I would recommend it to anyone, plant nut or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here