Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleevendog

assistance with my elder japanese maples

New to the garden forum. I have three 50yr old Japanese maples that i inherited 7yrs ago in my new 'old'home.
Obviously established. One is cascading and attached to my home in many places at my entry front door. The other two are 25 ft in circumference and lovely. I have pruned as necessary to enter my home. But they continue to explode every year...Now still in their spring auburn shade and soon to transition to green. I would like to get some assistance in pruning and post pics...did not see a specific 'maple' thread or posting...as this is garden specific area? For japanese gardens...I do have a very open and all glass entry, as i can see my maples from my kitchen and from my living room...no curtains as i am in the forest...
They are getting 'mop-like' once again and i need to shape. (i have let the lower one fill and hit the ground but the trunk structure is so beautiful i'm not sure the best approach...)
Not sure what i am asking but maybe where i would get some feedback and am i in the correct GW location.

Comments (2)

Sponsored