Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
herb_gw

Possibilities?

Herb
18 years ago

There's a posting in the Hyperfufa forum about a new, translucent concrete. So I looked for more information on the Internet and this picture got my attention. The concrete wall gives an effect somewhat like that of a shoji screen. It seems to me that it might find uses in Japanese gardening. Have you any thoughts on this?

Click here to see it

Comments (5)

• Gardener_KS
    18 years ago

Cool stuff. Makes me think of Chinese or Indonesian shadow puppet shows.

• jeepster
    18 years ago

A Zen wall...

• DonPylant
    18 years ago

This is incredible. Wish I had known about this stuff a couple of years ago!

• Herb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

If you have a wall made of this stuff on the south side of your garden, I wonder if it would much affect what you plant next to it? An opaque wall would shelter the ground from direct sun, but would a wall of this sort let through enough light to allow - or compel - you to grow things that need a bit more light?

And if you have an otherwise opaque wall between you & the setting sun, perhaps you could have a "window" in it made of this translucent concrete? I think you might get some very interesting effects.

• kobold
    18 years ago

Herb, what a coicidence! I just returned from Hungary, I visited an exhibition where I've seen this amazing concrete. Losonczy, the architect is Hungarian, Csongrad is a part of Hungary, my family owned a big estate there.

Andrea

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations