Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misierra_gw

backyard garden

misierra
16 years ago

This is my new deck.i am still have some planting to do around the chain link,so i can have some privacy

any other suggestions

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1009266}}

Comments (12)

• zone_8grandma
    16 years ago

Nice looking deck and garden! It looks like a sunny site, is it? What zone are you in?

It's hard to offer suggestions without knowing the zone/exposure.

• kevip711
    16 years ago

How about add some granite pagodas?

• misierra
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HELLO THERE:

I AM IN ZONE 5,TORONTO,CANADA.THE SUMMERS IN HERE ARE HOT,BUT WINTERS ARE REALLY COLD.COULD YOU POST SOME PICKS OF THE GRANITE PERGOLAS?

i AM PLANNING TO BUILT A PERGOLAS OVER THE LOWER DECK,SO WE COULD SIT UNDISTURBED FROM THE SUN.

• george_in_the_uk
    16 years ago

Hi,
    He said PAGODAS not pergolas there is a BIG difference.
    George.

Here is a link that might be useful: George's Japanese Garden

• misierra
    Original Author
    16 years ago

hello george:

you have a beautiful garden.i was looking for a picture of a pagoda and could not find it.could you send me a link to one of them

Thanks,

How long ago did you start your garden?My i started last year after i moved here,but still has a way to go to look more asian.any suggestion for now,would be appreciated

thanks

• melis_689
    16 years ago

George,
    What is you're moon gate made of? I've been wanting to ad a big circle but I wasn't sure what materials to use and how much it would cost. Any information is appreciated. Thank you

• melis_689
    16 years ago

I see it at your site. Thanks. Very nice, I love it

• liza070831
    16 years ago

When I clicked on your picture all I could think was "my oh my, that is awsome" I would definetly plant some fast growing tall evergreens to hide the red building next store. I think there is something called pencil evergreen-grows tall but not wide. We have aborvite along two sides of our property. When w moved in they were at least 12 ft. tall (probably close to 20 now) We got a new neighbor on one side and he asked us when wwe were going to trim our hedge. We told him we weren't planning on doing that soon. Nice work so far. Ellie

• misierra
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i am in zone 5,toronto,canada

• george_in_the_uk
    16 years ago

Hi Liza,
    If your hedge keeps the sunlight off your neighbors garden I think you should trim it, but if it dosn't keep the sun off, I dont think I would bother.
    George.

• george_in_the_uk
    16 years ago

Hi Misiera.
    I started my Japanese garden about 35 years ago and I am still working on it and enjoying every single minute of it.
    I think if you Google pagodas you will find several links ,you can see my pagoda through the moongate on my homepage on my website.
    George.

• yojimbo
    16 years ago

My Land, um,I mean, Misierra...
    Nice pic of your deck and garden!
    Thanks for sharing it, I always enjoy seeing what others are doing.

Speaking of backyards, my pond has been a project over the last several years and it's beginning to take a little shape finally...anyway, I though I'd share a couple pics; comments (constructive) are welcome. I don't have a web link, you can see them in the garden gallery photos under "ponds" or "landscape design" (or type "Japanese" in the search box).

George in the UK- I've had your website bookmarked for a long time because I always enjoy viewing your remarkable garden.
    Cheers all,
    Jim

Sponsored