Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keithnotrichard

Bamboo Flooring

keithnotrichard
18 years ago

Has anyone installed a bamboo floor in their house? What do you think?

Comments (9)

• coachsmyth
    18 years ago

Are you talking about the click together planking stuff made from bamboo? If so, Ive seen it and walked on it and its quite nice. Reasonably expensive at the moment but since bamboo is plentiful, I could imagine it getting cheaper in the future. If you dont mean that stuff, never mind :-)

• twowins
    18 years ago

In North America, there are several kinds of bamboo flooring, including solid bamboo flooring,engineered bamboo flooring,hand-distressed bamboo flooring and so on. But these flooring has a disadvantage,the flooring is apt to have arch action when using a period of time.So now in order to overcome the question, there is a brand new kind of bamboo flooring, namely curvilinear bamboo flooring with tongue and groove. As you know, the both side of flooring are right, but the both sides of curvilinear bamboo flooring are curving. And the curvilinear bamboo flooring can join together tightly when installation. The flooring is wonderful.

• chris74robinson
    17 years ago

I don't think bamboo plank flooring is part of the tradition in Japan. It's a fairly new product.

• buyorsell888
    17 years ago

I don't have it but have been in houses with it and it sure looks outstanding. It seems to be getting "bigger" all the time here at least. I see adds for it and they have booths for it at home shows. I think it is gorgeous and love that bamboo grows so fast instead of oak. I have no idea how it wears or lasts but everything I've read about it is positive.

• ppembe
    17 years ago

Help...

I had to leave town right after gluing down my bamboo floor. I was under great time pressure to get the floor down. So, I did not have time to clean-up the excess glue as I went. Now I have tons of dried, hard, glue over most of the floor, that has been there for several weeks.

I am now trying to clean it up, but nothing seems to be working. I tried "Goo Gone" but it did not really remove it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would be very grateful for them.

Thank you

• eibren
    15 years ago

I have noticed bamboo flooring on sale locally, and when I did I found myself wondering if the manufactureres add flame retardents to it?

Bamboo can be extremely flammable.

• daveyg
    13 years ago

I would love a bamboo floor in my house. Actually I think it would only look nice in my living room. I would love to sit on it whilst we are gathered around our table and eating. At the moment I have tatami-sytle mats around our dining table (which is very low, Japanese style). I don't think it's actually practical, but would love amazing.

• hhepp
    13 years ago

My fiance put bamboo flooring in a house he remodelled and though it looked great, it scratched terribly under chairs and rugs. We would never use it again.

• ella99
    12 years ago

If anyone is think to install Bamboo flooring �" please do NOT install:
    GOODFELLOW STRAND BAMBOO
    sold by Home Depot and Rona it literally is about as durable as a Bamboo skewer.
    The installer laid the floor and my 20 LB dog sat down and got up and she splintered and cracked the surface through the stain and the terrible finish (her nails are short)

When the Goodfellow rep came out to my home to inspect the flooring he was smug and rude telling me it is performing as it should. When I asked him about 2 other Goodfellow products he said they were GARBAGE.

Seriously - this is a terrible product and the company has the worst customer service in Calgary - AVOID!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths