Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pest control for Japaneese Maple

Posted by Ryuu 9 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 14:00

Hi.

I noted that a pest of the Pulvinaria family. On several plants near a spot where I wanted to plant a Japaneese Maple. I know that they can attack maples so I would like to have the pest population under control/gone before I attempt on planting a Japaneese Maple in close proximity to other host plants. I have a chemical solution that works on the bugs, I would like to use a more thorough method with chemicals as the last option.

I tried google. It largely refers to attracting natural predators. I have problems of identifying the indigenous predators, and how to attract them, still the search points to wasps and ladybugs. Any plants that can be used that discourages outbreaks Pulvinaria pests?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pest control for Japaneese Maple

Early Spring black aphids get under the leaves and suck the sap, soapy water and a hose down will remove most of them and let the birds do the rest, try to hose the under side of the leaves good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here