Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roof Tile Source in U.S.?

Posted by Lee_ME z5 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 23, 05 at 11:23

Does anyone know where to buy Japanese (or Japanese style) clay roof tiles in the U.S.? I want to make a path edged with roof tiles laid on their edges in a row, as you see in many Japanese gardens. The tiles come in various shapes and sizes, and most of them are terra-cotta colored or matte black.

Lee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roof Tile Source in U.S.?

Try Ted Chida, in the Los Angeles area. I saw his name mentioned somewhere.

o

• Posted by Herb Victoria, B.C. (My Page) on
    Wed, Oct 26, 05 at 14:04

Maybe there's something of the sort here -

Click to see

o

We are a manufacturer of clay roof tile. Please let us know how we can help you. I have listed our website for your review. Please click on the Oriental Section of our website to view the different pieces and colors.
Thank you,
Jennifer Freeman

Here is a link that might be useful: MCA Clay Roof Tile website

o

• Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 18, 08 at 23:32

Hi Lee
I am going to bring Japnese books of kawara to Cady for your future refference. When I go back to Japan, I will find manufactures in Japan. I finaly able to move to Mass soon.( after returning from Japan ). I will see you after settled.
yama

o

Lee and others

There is someone over toward Raleigh, NC, who carries a HUGE stock of new/used/discontinued terra cotta and glazed tiles. His web page is www.thetileman.com.

You might try architectural warehouses in any big city who also carry used shutters, doors, stained glass windows, mantles, etc.

Historial societies often have sources for people who are wanting to retore their homes

ebay lists a few people as well .... try craigslist, too.

Best,ben

o

• Posted by klavier z4 Bing, z5 Pou (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 29, 08 at 0:09

Jennifer,
I am trying to build a wall for a Japanese Contemplation garden that is to be topped with tiles. I like the MCA oriental Japanese style tiles, especially the embossed eaves. Any idea on what they cost per tile, and how they are affixed?
This is a good example of what I would like to achieve:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here