Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pine tree pruning and handling boulders manualy

Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 11, 07 at 21:31

Hi all.
I am going to prune a pinetree soon. A pine tree is on the ground of the restaurant. I can't lets you touch the pine tree but you can see how to do it. Since I am not conducting a class only you are going to do is "look"
If you stay long enought I may able to spare my time.
Pruning have to be done in short time. If you miss you fall pinteree pruning , perhaps you can see next spring.
Leave contact information. I will contact to you when I do next.

Boulder.
At the same restaurant, I am planing to set one to three boulder(s) manualy. This operation is not fancy work.It it to prevent delivery trucksrun over curb/ grass.
Later days I may renovate whole garden, then you will see how bulders are handled treditional way.

If you are intrested, send me e mail.( If possible give me your phone number, Only I will call only at my covenent time.)
If you are new to GW Japanese garden forum , you may not know me but I am in landscape trade over 30 years. you may able to pick some knowlege and know how from me.

Location.
Atlanta GA ( Buck Head area)
Sorry it is short notice but It is just happening.

Yama
japanesegardener1@yahoo.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pine tree pruning and handling boulders manualy

Hi Mike,
I will see you there.
George

o

• Posted by yama 7b Ga (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 12, 07 at 18:30

Hi George.

Do you still have my adress?
I am going to see my mother in Japan. If you want to me to bring something, let's me to know. If you want me to take photos of residencial or temple near by I'm happy to do that.
Later day, I will send you a Japanese cherry tree's poster. One of Japan nusery association member made it.
I will put togather with other freebes which I can correct in Japan.

Take good care your self.
Before too late, We see each other some day.
If you can send it to Sam who was kicked out from GW few years ago, I wll send you extra copy and you can send it to him.
mike

o

Hi Mike,
Best of luck with your trip to Japan and I hope your mother is keeping well and that you also are in good health, I am still in touch with Sam, and I would like to see your photo's from near your mothers home and look forward to the cherry tree poster.
George.

Here is a link that might be useful: George's Japanese Garden

o

Tue, Nov 13, 07 at 20:16

Hi George
Tell Sam " don't be stranger.Spike is gone long time ago. ^^. I will send you two Cherrry tree poster. Please foward it to him and you keep one.
My mother is getting old and so do I.
yama

o

Hi Mike,
Has your mother caught up with me yet as I am 75.
George.

Here is a link that might be useful: George's Japanese Garden

o

Wed, Nov 14, 07 at 22:50

Hi George
You are not old enought to be my father's age but old brother. ^^. Since My father had been gone for awhile, young fellow like you, my mother likes young man like you.Hehehe
I will send you cherry tree posters next week. Did I send you painting of(small book of) hell in buddhism ? If not, will send it too.

Some day, I like to visit to England to see real English gardens and your garden.
We are are suporse to write garden matter ^^. mike

o

Mon, Nov 19, 07 at 19:08

Hi George
I send posters today. It may take a month.
Say hello to sam. This is my e mail address.
japanesegardener1@yahoo.com
Some folks may not like exchenging word between us ^^
Give me your phone number too. When I call my mother, $2.00 prepaid card allow me to talk almost an hour. UK I may able to talk even longer ^^.
Take care.
mike

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here