Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yama_gw

Shin ,Gyo, So . Origin of the words. come from.

yama
17 years ago

Hi All

While ago Lee posted same subject. You may not want to read same things. But this time, I can supply more informations to you to understand meaning and history of the words. I don't have exparty on this subject but I am good at to find informations form Books, dictionarys or else where.

Term of Shin, Gyo, SO is borrowed from Chinese character style.

Word of Shin means are "True/trueth, correctreal thing,natunal. Shin ji ( ji means chracter/letter) is same as "kai sho" . In Calligraphy known as Kai sho, Gyo sho and So sho. Kaisho was developed/improved or Simlifyed from "Reisho" in ara of Kan [BC 206 to BC 7] after Kaisho then Gyosho was simplify from Kaisho.By the time of ara of Shin BC 265~419, Sosho was developed/simlified from Kaisho and Gyosho.

Sosho can write much fister than kaisho. Form and words of Kaisho, gyosho and sosho are from China. It is not Japanese Word. We pronunce it Japanese way.

That is history part of Kai, Gyo, So. Kaisho is also written as SHo ji or Shin ji. Sho means Correct/right and Shin means True. It is saying same things. "Sho"( PART OF kAI SHO) means write "Ji" ( PART OF SHO JI)means character/letter.

In Japanese garden Shin is saying formal. then Gyo is simlified form foum of Shin. So is even more simplified from Shin and Gyo.

Is there any More question(s) about Shin Gyo So ?

How we are going to apply Shin, Gyo ,SO in Japanese garden or in western garden?

What do you think ?..............................yama/mike

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH