Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FAQ and the Bibliography

Posted by Gardener_KS zone 5 KS (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 04 at 21:31

I checked with Spike about having an FAQ for this forum and putting the soon-to-drop-into-cyberspace bibliography on it. He says, "Someone just needs to volunteer to edit and input it." Anyone have an interest in doing this...and receiving the undying gratitude from the rest of us??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FAQ and the Bibliography

Well, I guess if anyone is interested in preserving that bibliography they can print it off before it cycles out. There doesn't seem to be any interest in an FAQ.

o
faq

seemingly not.
Perhaps information is too readily at hand and too easily answered, not to mention that reading is work...
I believe the Bibliography is on the Database... perhaps then, only history is lost...
e

o

I have offered to do the FAQ and have corresponded with both Gardener KS and Spike. You can get an idea of what the GardenWeb FAQs look like by visiting the Bonsai forums FAQ listed below. If you have a favorite thread that you wish to have preserved or examples of questions that should be represented in the FAQ, please let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonsai FAQ

o

Thanks Greg, we all appreciate your offer and I think it will make our forum more useful.

Thanks again for all the time you are devoting to the forum. :)

Cheers Jando

o

Let the gratitude flow Greg's way!

o

Greg,

This is a huge task! If you need or want any help, let me know. Thanks to you (and to Gardener) for getting the ball rolling!

-Susan

o

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Greg!!! (and Susan!)

- Evelyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Japanese Gardens Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here