Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
inkognito_gw

Enough, already

inkognito
18 years ago

For some reason that I can't understand there is a division on this forum. As far as I am concerned both this forum and the Journal of Japanese gardening have the goal of exploring our subject. How does this joint interest lead us to opposition, because that is what it is: opposition. All enquiry is good surely. There are those who make a living from a business related to Japanese gardening edzard, Lee and Doug Roth amongst them so is it commercial competition running rampant? Yet there is no promotion of a persons business here. Is it a battle of intellects? If so, surely this can be done in a more mature fashion than one line slogan slinging. For instance: the question of an island in a pond is a simple practical problem for some while others find it of interest to discuss history, mythology and theory in general, nobody is wrong for having a different opinion. What is wrong is ridiculing someone and their opinion and belittling what for some is a serious discussion and when this consistently comes from one side of the divide it makes you wonder what the purpose is. When the disruption comes from those who align themselves with the JOJG what are we to think.

I know Mr Roth reads this forum because he once (when I was bold enough to include e-mail access) wrote offering me a subscription. So can you, sir, explain why some of us get the impression that you or your journal are antagonistic towards this forum and some of its members and what would be the thing you hope to gain from this. If I am completely wrong in this I would instead like to hear that.

Tony Jefferies

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner