1 ceramic insulator

2 pieces of craft glass

1 3" lag bolt

flat black paint

{{gwi:139882}}

Comments (14)

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

Normally I'd say--eeeeeewwwww ..... a BUG !

LOL --- but I love this one ! Robert -- You have a unique brain . You see things no one else does ! ENVY !!! ENVY !!! ENVY !!!

PS ...I don't know if you could ever incorporate pieces of stained glass in your creations , but that's my main craft . I have tons of good size leftover pieces. I just can't throw them out ... but if I store them - I'll forget about them ! Robert , would you like a goodie box sent to you ?? ( free ) I can send you a few pieces -- OR-- I can jam a flat rate box till it bulges out ! LOL

Yes or no ... if not ...no big deal. Don't feel pressured.
    I have so much leftover glass, I just thought I'd offer !

• cnm1
    11 years ago

Amazing bowling ball art!!! Oh my brain is exploding from craft ideas!!!
    SOOOO - this may be tacky to ask but Toomuchglass, if I send the postage do you have enough glass to send me a box??? Just had to ask - the thought of little pieces of stained glass is just so exciting.

• marylee_2010
    11 years ago

Your spider is awesome. I always know when I see your name on a post that I will see something great. Thank you for sharing.

Marylee

• jlily
    11 years ago

Now that is an amazing spider! I NEVER thought I would say that!
    Thank you for sharing your craft.

Jlily

• jeannespines
    11 years ago

Yikes! That is one HUGE dude! That ceramic insulator is a great idea for the head! TFS! Jeanne S.

• tinfoilhat
    11 years ago

That's a good one Robert.
    I've got a bunch of insulators and you've shown me a new way to look at them.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

Well, You have certainly bowled us over with this one!heh heh!

• cnm1
    11 years ago

Would you share how the rebar is attached?

• tehuti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

What an amazing collection of people make up this group, curious, witty, and thoughtful. Thank you all for your friendship.
    cnm1 - I first drilled eight new 1/2" diameter holes in the ball, bent and fitted the rebar, mixed about a Tablespoon size dollop of Bondoî, and attached two legs at a go. (By fitting two legs at a time it kept the ball balanced). The insulator was done in a similar fashion: I drilled a pilot hole for a 3" lag bolt, fitted the insulator, filled with a small quantity of Bondoî, and it was basically complete.

• oldcrafty
    11 years ago

What a WOW spider and then to get such good materials list and a how-to to go with it. Another amazing piece you have created.

• cnm1
    11 years ago

One more question - what kind of drill bit do you use for a bowling ball? Thank you for all the info. I am putting this on my list of "one of these days" things :)

• Marlene Kindred
    11 years ago

Hi Robert....been missing you and your creations here! LOVE the spider! Never really thought about using a BB for the body....I'll have to keep my eyes open since my DH loves creating arachnids! Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing your new garden creation!

• tehuti
    Original Author
    11 years ago

cnm1 - Just a plain old drill bit nothin' special.
    Marlene - was busy working on trial and error cement concoctions, but I had to get back to what I do best.

Ha ha ha

• nmgirl
    11 years ago

Too fun!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County