Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rose_hip

New Koi today, Yahoo!!

rose_hip
18 years ago

I'm so excited, we're going to pick up our new Koi today!

We expanded our pond this winter and now need more fish(of course!) So I found a dealer on e-bay who's really reasonable(cheap actually)honest too, and who has the most reasonable shipping charges.(about half of what other dealers/sellers charge!)Luckely he's only an hour or so from where we live so we're planing on driving over today like I did last month to pick up the 2 fish I bought then.

Just wanted to pass on the imformation incase antone else was looking for really nice Koi at really reasonable prices

,his prices are actually more reasonable and his Koi more fancy than we could get at either of our two local pond stores! Search e-bay under live-Koi and look for Koi being sold by nature 3388, Mr. Ng is the best! Thant all,Happy Ponding, Terry.

Comments (5)

• carolyn18810
    18 years ago

Terry,

Did you get your new koi yesterday? I'd love to see a picture. Can you put a picture online for us?

My husband and I found a koi farm in upstate NY last Summer. Ever since then, we have been looking forward to another trip to the koi farm. We plan on having lunch on the way and making a day of it. We have both been looking forward to it all Winter.

Carolyn

• rose_hip
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Yes we'll work on getting some pic's and posting them for yall. We did get back with our Koi Monday afternoon, we made a day of it too.(my wifes brother and sister in law live right near our new Koi friend) So it was to see them for lunch and get some great fish too! Mr.Ng's(ing's) Koi are so awesome that we had to get a few more than the ones we purchased on line(!!) and he even threw in a few other small ones for free! Man we were excited, could bairly contain our selves the long drive home, couldn't wait to get them in there new big home and watch them frolic and play.(which we did,they were really happy)
    Well, all that excitment and bliss lasted exactly 24hrs,
    yesterday when I got home(about the same time)there had been a pond disaster/tragady(!!!) or whatever you'd call a big cranes visit for lunch.(and we have one of those Scarcrow-motion sensor/sprinkler Crane repeller! I just couldn't believe it, man was I mad!! He apparently got the one prize Imported Koi we purchased(they must taste better,I don't know) one of our biger comets, one 8"Butterfly Koi and he left for me to find (dead bloody and dried up)one big fat 12" Koi which must been to big to swallow! So right now I'm in the Angry/depressed mode!I'm going to my pond store today as soon as it opens and getting another Scarecrow for the other end of our pond,the one we have apparently isn't seeing that far any more,I think the plastic over it's eye has gotten foggy or frosted from a years worth of Fl.sunshine. So once this is all straitened out we'll work on posting those pictures.
    wish us luck, Terry. (does anyone have a reciepe for crane stew!)

• carolyn18810
    18 years ago

Terry,

How upsetting. I have been paranoid about cranes, kingfishers and raccoons myself. Best of luck you.

Carolyn

• imaginators
    18 years ago

Rose_hip,
    Besides using the scarecrow sensor, I would use a net too.
    The scarecrow works great but the net also is added prevention besides keeping leafs out of the pond.
    I am so sorry for your tradegy.
    Theresa

• Annie
    18 years ago

Oh, that is the "scarecrow thingy" that chickadee3 was talking about! Never heard of one. I thought she was talking about a deerchaser. How rural of me!

How deep is your pond? Maybe it needs to be deeper.

Try putting 2 or 3 sections of large pvc in the bottom for the fish to hide in when a crane comes. They can be cancealed with plants or rocks. Or set three cinder blocks lined up together like a tunnel. Plants can sit right on top of the blocks.

Just an idea...

~Annie

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022