Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Koi Type

Posted by carolyn22 z5 (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 24, 06 at 9:45

I have done a search on the internet and cannot find what I am looking for. Does anybody have any idea what type of koi has a yellow body with red markings? The red markings are similar to some of the different Kohoku (sp?) markings. I'd love to know.

Thank you,
Carolyn

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Koi Type

There are no recognized varieties that are yellow with red markings. Some very poorly bred yamabuki ogons (solid yellow) koi develop red spots as they mature, and some very poorly bred kohakus appear yellow instead of white as they should be, but that is the only two possibilities I can think of. There are a couple of varieties that are yellow with black markings though...Ki Utsuri and Ki Bekko....Ki meaning "yellow".

o

Carolyn do you have this fish? If so can you post a picture?

I do believe the reason you can't find that variety in a picture on the web is that it isn't a recognized variety. If the fish exists it has been culled out because of that coloration. Still may make a pretty pond fish.

o

frloplady,

Yes I do. He is very pretty and quite different looking. I will try to get a picture and post it.

Carolyn

o

• Posted by shane 5a Ont. Can. (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 25, 06 at 0:31

is it all yellow? as in belly is yellow as well? or is there white on its underside? how bright is the yellow? my curiosity is in overload
Shane

o

Hopefully I will be able to post a picture soon. We just got him and some others and they are small. They have been hiding in my shelves.

Not sure if the belly of this fish is white or yellow - now I am curious as well.

Carolyn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here