Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imaginators

Got Koi!!!

imaginators
18 years ago

Good day fin folks,

Now that I got your attention...I am so hoping that I get a few Koi babies or eggs today. I have major spring cleaning the koi pond. If I am lucky and find some, I plan to put them in my Nano tank until the little guys mature a bit for the outdoor pond.

I have been so busy working on designs and selling koi watches. If any of you are interested check out the links.

Theresa

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZimaginatorsart

http://www.koi-auction.com/categories.php?parent=1859

Comments (3)

• ademink
    18 years ago

Weeeellll? Any babies? :) Tell me about your cleaning ordeal, would you? I'm STILL avoiding it w/ my paranoid I-love-my-fish self!

• imaginators
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Ademink,
    Well since I never seen Koi eggs, I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I am sore all over from pond cleaning, part Saturday and Easter Sunday after church, but the pond and Koi look great. I collected some eggs in the pond that were in the water lily pots. Also these tiny little eggs..I assume they are eggs. Ha! I put them in my Nano tank. I told one of my fin friends who raises Koi and she told me Koi eggs are transparent and do not float. These tiny white looking Styrofoam eggs also float. So I have no idea what they are. Ha! From all the skimming and brushing these tiny things were floating all over the pond. My husband has been teasing me saying they are probably spider eggs or frog eggs. I doubt either, since the pond was netted, and so does he but he likes to tease me. I only have 6 feeder goldfish, dozen rosey minnows and 16 Koi. If nothing happens I will get rid of them. My other fin friend wants me to wait at least 4 weeks just to see if anything comes from them. At the time I was net scooping them up this Saturday, thinking this is a great Easter egg hunt. Now I don't even know if they are eggs. I feel kind of silly. At least I have really nice mini Hardy water lily growing in my Nano tank since last Fall. This Summer I will place it in a pot and put it back into my garden pond. I will keep you posted if anything comes to life from this unknown. They probably creatures from the black lagoon. LOL. I still will keep a close eye on any babies that may appear in the koi pond. My luck they will be feeder goldfish like last year. I ended up with 5 goldfish babies surviving.
    Theresa

• patricia_mi
    18 years ago

Hi Theresa,
    I bet you have been having lots of fun looking around your pond for baby Koi :) I was so depressed after ordering butterfly koi, and either having them dead on arrival or having them die the next day :( I found out that the next town over from me had a huge tanker truck come in from GA. with lots of pond fish, many being koi :) I purchased #5 6-8" and #4 8-10". I started out only seeing a few of them come to the surface, but now I see about 12 of them :) I too am so leary of trying to get them to eat out of my hand as the darn diving fish eating birds are around again! I was able to watch them all jump in and around the pond lilies the very first time I introduced them to the pond last summer!! When I can get them close enough to the camera I will take some pics :) I tried last year, but seems just when I was clicking the button, down they would go into the deep water :( P. S. I was treated to the constant croaking of the toads for a few days!! I am just now getting my hearing back, LOL and YES, I think there are at least a ga-zillon toad eggs around the edges of the pond!
    patricia

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor