Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sleeplessinftwayne

Hello

sleeplessinftwayne
14 years ago

Hey there, I just found your forum.I have been posting on the Aquatic Plants and Pond forum since 2003.How come no one has complained that K does not come after L in an Alphabetical listing? Your forum has many questions that are the same as on the AP&P forum I expect I could learn a lot from all of you about my Koi. I plan to lurk here for a while to see what you are doing. Maybe I will post a bit as well. I hope you don't mind that I have Comets and Shubunkins as well as Koi. I would find it hard to get rid of them. Some are 6 years old.

At the moment my pond is about 1000 gallons with a 100 gallon Skippy filter. It is the third revision of my original 100 gallon pond and as most committed ponders I think it is too small. I started in 2002 when I was asked to develop a small pond for a garden at the Co-operative Extension at Indiana-Purdue in Ft. Wayne. That one changes in details every year but always remains one of the most popular gardens out of the 15 that surround the building even if it is a small pond.

I am the typical little old lady in tennis shoes and I love those special projects that spice up my gardening. Since the pond was put in I have been able to do a mural on the side of the shed at the back of the garden, design pavement blocks with Japanese floral designs, build a copper trellis and make the roof of the shed into a green-roof with the help of many of my fellow Master Gardeners. The garden has 17 varieties of hydrangeas as well as other plants. The other gardens are also theme gardens. We are hoping to expand the Hydrangea garden by the end of next year. I have been forced to slow down since I broke my back a while ago but it is slowed, not stopped.

I hope to get to know something about all of you. Sandy

Comments (4)