Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandyl121261

She was stuck, Poor Baby

sandyl
13 years ago

One of my white 8" fan tail koi was stuck in between the pond line and one of the lilly flower pots which sets on top of a brick o block rock. I don't know how long she had been there but I got her unstuck and she does have some visiable bruising on both sides, but no fin damage I can tell. She was very thin and she could have been there for weeks, poor baby. I feel so bad for her. I had put the blue dye in my pond several weeks ago and it does make it hard to see with the dark water color. This morning I went out to check on her and she was still swimming around but her sides are very bruised. I added about two cups of stresscoat to the pond yesterday after I found her, but I didn't remover her to a container by herself, I figured she had been stressed enough so I just treated the whole pond with the stresscoat. Its very hard to see that someone is missing at feeding time. She was very close to the spill way from the stock tank so she had plenty of aeration during her ordeal. Is there anything else I can do or she just might need time to heal. I had sea salt but thought I should not use that with her injuries. I'm just thankful I did see her before it was to later. Sandy

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH