Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
me1der

Problem with filter

me1der
13 years ago

Hi, I have a Koi pond with some koi in it. The pond is actually 2 preformed 300 gallon pond that I have joined so that the output from the filter will go into the second pond with a free flow back into the first pond. I had a filter that was working that some one made for me but took up a lot of my pond space. I bought I new one had hooked it u to my pump but tht ket poing upp to the surface.

I am now trying to build a Skipy tye Filter but the filter keeps overflowing.

I am using a 1268 gph pump, a 18 gallon storage tub. I have a capped 1" PVC tube connected to the input of the pump. Then I have 1" PVC tubing that comes up to the top of the tub and an pvc elbow and another piece of pvc to get me to the center of the tub and an elbow with another pvc to go to the bottom of the filter with a T connector and 2 elbows. I have my exit above my filter media with flexible tubing connected to it to go to my waterfall. I even tried to bypass the waterfall and drop the tubing directly back into the pond but it still overflowed.

Can someone help me with this or is anyone in the Myrlte Beach area that is willing to come over and help?

Thanks in advance.

Comment (1)

Sponsored