Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tresw

Please advise on a good Koi pond kit...

tresw
15 years ago

Hi everyone! I've been posting on the swimming pools forum on Gardenweb for months and didn't realize until today that there is this Koi Pond forum too! I've had a Koi pond in my front entryway for about 8 years now. I started with a half dozen small Koi and they have since grown quite large and had babies which have also gotten a lot bigger. I don't even know how many I have at this point, but it's around 15 to 20 with size ranging from 6" to a foot. The pond is too small for them all (it's 6' x 4' x 18" deep). It's been a constant battle trying to maintain the pond. Algae has been a problem from day 1. The fish are all good and healthy, but the pond is always murky. As part of our pool and landscaping project in the backyard I've allocated an area to do a 1500 gallon Koi pond. The pool project is pretty much done and I'm ready to build the pond. My question is this- I will be building this pond myself and would like to buy all the components from one source. I see pond kits online at places like Pondliner.com, Thepondoutlet.com and Thepondsolution.com. I would like to buy a turnkey setup like this so I don't have to worry about whether the components are properly matched or not. I welcome any feedback or advice any of you may have on this. Thank you!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored