Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I poisoned my koi... please help!

Posted by ginfen none (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 15:52

Hello,
I have a horrible situation. My husband has a beautiful pond and HAD some beautiful koi.... 20+ each named of course.... and some albino catfish, goldfish etc. I made the mistake of clipping our junipers and got clippings in the pond. All of our large fish are dead and the others are struggling. Obviously I did not know juniper needles are poison to fish. He is devastated and I'm trying to figure out how to help. We can replace the koi but obviously do not want to do so without making sure the pond is fit for them. Do you have any advice? Do we need to drain? We have removed all visible clippings from the pond. Any help is appreciated....
Ginger

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I poisoned my koi... please help!

what I think you need to drain about 50% of your water and bring up the salt level to .4 and back wash the filter very good. Let see if that would help.

www.koi-town.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here