Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oopsiedaisy_gw

Are These Koi Eggs?

oopsiedaisy
14 years ago

2 Days ago I moved some water hyacinths to a different spot in our pond. I noticed, clinging to the roots of several, some tiny orange colored spheres. They were about the size of the tip of a dull pencil and there were MANY. 50 - 100, perhaps. However, today I went to have a peek and there are only a fraction of them left. In our pond we have 3 koi, 4 goldfish and many many many mosquito eaters. Could these little orange gell spheres be eggs from any of these fish? Our pond is roughly 10 years old and we have only had 2 surprise goldfish in that time (just this past January) and MAYBE 1 baby Koi last month. I say "maybe a koi" because I had moved some water hyacinths into a fountain (that has no other fish in it) and then a month or two later, surprise, there was a 2 inch long fish in the fountain that looked like a koi. I put it in the pond but haven't seen it since. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I put these plants in the fountain for them to hatch also? Thank you so much!

Comments (2)