Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christopher_miller50

Creek Problems

Hoping for some helpful direction. Last summer I hired an "independent" to install a 20 foot creek that flows into a 24" foot wide by 4" deep koi pond. After I paid the installer he disappeared and I'm beginning to think that he lined the creek improperly. It's on a hill so the creek naturally flows down into the pond, but he merely took the black liner and "tufted" it up along the edge of the creek. He then poured river rock on the inside/outside of the liner to hold it up and in place. (sort of like a seam in your pants) However, he used very small stones and they are falling down and the water is overflowing the edges somewhere because the pool goes down about 1/2 inch a day when both filters are pumping into the top of the creek. With only one pump, it doesn't occur and there is no leakage from the pond at the bottom because very large boulders line it. I'm trying to find some informative diagrams on how creeks are to be lined correctly so I can fix this problem. Does anyone know a good source for clear diagrams of this nature? Not only is the liner falling down, but the rocks aren't hiding the very top and it looks bad...help?

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!