Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
red ants on top of my waterfall hill

Posted by camerahappy oregon (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 15, 07 at 5:49

I just found a nest of red ant on the top of my pond waterfall..(out side the pond liner). It's in the soil just on the other side of all the pond liner. Can I use anything there without hurting my koi? If not how do i get rid of them there's so many...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: red ants on top of my waterfall hill

In Florida we have fireants and they are very hard to get rid of. I have killed some of the anthills by pouring amonia (Parsons amonia, you buy at the grocery store or walmart) into them. Saturate it really well. This works and if you could pour it into the hill without it running into your waterfall or pond, I believe it would work for you. Glenda

o
RE: red ants on top of my waterfall hill

The ants aren't harmful. Why do you want to kill them?

o
clarification

BTW, I am referring to the red ants in Oregon, not the fire ants in Florida.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here