Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please ID my Koi

Posted by fnoyes219 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 16, 13 at 19:05

Could someone please help me identify my Koi. I bought my koi before knowing about the different types. Now I am curious. I have identified the rest of them in my pond but cannot find anything that looks like this one. I know it is a butterfly but that is all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please ID my Koi

I don't know anything about the types I just wanted to tell you that he is so beautiful.

o

Thank you. I believe it is a she do to the shape of the body. I also know that it is doitsu (no scales) I guessing Gin because of the metalic shine??? don't know if I am right on that one.. beyond that it is a white koi? with black hi? Help???

o

I don't know the types but I just wanted to tell you that she is to die for beautiful... I also love the white one with the splotch of yellow.

o

Check out this site guys...this may help

http://www.koivillage.com/koiid/index.htm

Craig

o

Just looking at the site and your koi. From the picture it looks like the koi may have a top row of scales along his top fin. If so, than he's a Butterfly Kikokuryu. Nice fish!!!
The one with the yellow circle would be some type of Tancho, it looks like a Tancho Hariwake. I also know the brown one is a Chagoi. Hope this helps.

Craig

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here