Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lily Pads in Winter

Posted by grenz ID (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 15:32

I inhereted a koi pond that has potted lily pads. I've been removing the dead pads at the water level as they die but for winter how far down should I cut the stalks. I have no experience with lilies and would appreciate any experiences your willing to share, thanx....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lily Pads in Winter

In the winter, the lilys will go dormate and the pads and stalks will die off back to the plant. You can cut them back as far as you want.

o
RE: Lily Pads in Winter

As the pads die throughout the growing season, try to remove the stems too, as close to the pot as you can get. Otherwise they rot off at soil level and add to nutrient levels in the pond.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here