Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
too many koi

Posted by lotofstuff wv (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 13, 10 at 21:08

New pond this spring. Bought 2 koi and this summer have about 200 babies. Everyone said impossible and how did we get them to have babies. Just put them in the pond and walla. I'm surprised too. I've read a lot on breeding koi and we did nothing except put the koi in the pond. I love having the pond and the fish. We are enjoying them so much. I've given about half away to people who have ponds and trying to kind homes for the other.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: too many koi

We have had several inquiries about the kois. We have gotten most of them new homes. I'm keeping the best marked ones and a couple of the whites. If we get more babies I'll post again. Most of the babies are about 3 inches long already and very pretty.

o

If you should happen to get more babies this year i would be happy to take some off your hands just let me know i am trying to build up my new pond with plants and fish it is over 1,000 gallons so it can hold a good many fish

o

I just saw this old post. Where in WV? I'm near Buckhannon
If you have that problem again just give me a yell. We lost our biggest koi and a coupls others after the big storm last year at the end of june...

Thanks
Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here