Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my koi aren't eating

Posted by paulamagnolia 28227 nc (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 2, 11 at 16:02

they have always been like sport fish hitting their food. last week i put a water clarifyer in and found them at the top gasping for breath with one rolling. pond 1200 gal. i immediately bailed about 3 -400 gallons and splashed fresh water in it with salt and stresscoat. then i bailed 3 - 400 gallons again added stresscoat and salt and splashed the water in the pond to aerate. i noticed some shredding on the fins of the butterflys and added melafix. they seemed fine after that.

i had to go to the coast to board up for irene and the sitter i left with mother has a tasmanian devil boy, i told her he could not stay i wonder if he terrorized the fish. wound up firing her for other reasons.

water temp 79 - 84. no ammonia, nitrates, nitrites, ph good. i can't figure out why they're not eating.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my koi aren't eating

I'm fairly new to ponding but I just stumbled on your post here. You should try posting it over on the "ponds" forum. It seems like people (with alot of experience) frequent that board alot more than here.

Hope your fish are doing better :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here