Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aesanders_gw

Looking for Inexpensive baby KOI source

aesanders
16 years ago

Does anyone have a mail order source for ordering small inexpensive Koi? I'd like to stock my pond and would like to purchase around 50 or so small 2-4 inch KOI. I don't really like the local Petsdumb(Petsmart) and it is about the only place I know locally that has small Koi for sale. I'm not looking for anything fancy at all. Just an assortment of colores.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Comments (15)

• pafishguy
    16 years ago

www.riverwonders.com
    they have a flat shipping rate , so no matter how many fish you buy its like $59.00 for shipping , i have yet to do business with them , but i am planning to in the near future

• aesanders
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ccoombs1,

Ponds pretty big. It measures about 80 feet by 30 feet. Deepest part is about 15 feet. I have 6 12" Koi in their now and hardly ever see them. Too much room for the 6.

Thanks for the link pafishguy. I will check them out.

• ccoombs1
    16 years ago

Do you have a place to properly quarantine 50 new fish? You wouldn't want to introduce any parasites or Koi Herpes Virus to the new fish. That pond is certainly large enough to handle the fish load.

• ccoombs1
    16 years ago

I was going to suggest Price's Fish Farm so I went to their site to get a link and found they are going out of business. Everything is 1/2 price. Act now if interested....their prices were pretty darn cheap to start with!!

Here is a link that might be useful: prices fish farm

• aesanders
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the link ccoombs. I'm in North Florida and can get next day service by UPS ground.. Good prices all around too.
    I will be calling them. I don't have a good way to quarantine. I'll just take my chances. Many will get eaten by the great heron's and large turtles that frequent the surrounding area anyway (at least until the Koi get some size to them).

• ccoombs1
    16 years ago

I'm glad I could help! I don't know if you noticed....but they are selling that koi farm. As much as I would love to buy it, I don't have $1.2 mil in my pocket right now. Still a darn good deal for someone! I have heard that they sell good, healthy fish and run a closed farm so at least KHV isn't much of a concern.

• ccoombs1
    16 years ago

kristink...might want to edit your web site a bit. Koi are known as "koi"....not "koi fish". You don't call a shark a shark fish, or a bass a bass fish. They are just plain Koi.

• rage221677
    16 years ago

I'm looking for some small koi (2" to 3"). I just recently moved from Mass to Alabama and I had a koi pond in Mass and my whole family loved it. My 9 and 2 year old daughers would sit and talk and stare at the fish and it was amazing to see a 2 year old sit still for such a long time. It was great to see them enjoy the fish and my 9 year old enjoyed watching the fish grow, that is why I'm looking for small fish so the whole family can enjoy watching them grow. If anyone is selling any koi, nothing fancy for a reasonable price and is willing to ship or if anyone knows where I can order some fish for a reasonable price, I would greatly appreciate any info.

Thank you...

• maryhm
    16 years ago

Try www.petsolutions.com- They have koi on sale pretty darn cheap right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Koi on Sale

• coolwind
    12 years ago

Dear Rage
    I live in Owens Cross Roads Al
    I have a lot of koi fish to sell most any size
    Have you located any yet i see this was a older post
    Coolwind

• gerald58
    8 years ago

I always get mine on Ebay. Great deals on there, and I have always been happy with the fish I received.

• gerald58
    8 years ago

Next Day Koi is the best I have found. Beautiful fish, good price and great service.Oh, and shipping is cheap, too.

• mjmjewels
    8 years ago

There is a company called KOI SMART in south Florida. I know this post is old but they were very helpful and knowledgeable and just thought I would pass this along. they had Koi and food and pretty much everything for ponds

• mshaffer
    8 years ago

I ordered mine from pondliner.com. That was about 8 years ago and they're still doing fine.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County