Return to the Koi Ponds Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for Inexpensive baby KOI source

Posted by aesanders z7 md (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 22, 07 at 9:24

Does anyone have a mail order source for ordering small inexpensive Koi? I'd like to stock my pond and would like to purchase around 50 or so small 2-4 inch KOI. I don't really like the local Petsdumb(Petsmart) and it is about the only place I know locally that has small Koi for sale. I'm not looking for anything fancy at all. Just an assortment of colores.

Thanks in advance for any help..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for Inexpensive baby KOI source

www.riverwonders.com
they have a flat shipping rate , so no matter how many fish you buy its like $59.00 for shipping , i have yet to do business with them , but i am planning to in the near future

o

you want 50 koi? You must have a very large pond!! Koi need at least 300 gallons of water each. I realize they are small now, but koi grow very quickly and what will you do to reduce your population when they get big?

o

ccoombs1,

Ponds pretty big. It measures about 80 feet by 30 feet. Deepest part is about 15 feet. I have 6 12" Koi in their now and hardly ever see them. Too much room for the 6.

Thanks for the link pafishguy. I will check them out.

o

Do you have a place to properly quarantine 50 new fish? You wouldn't want to introduce any parasites or Koi Herpes Virus to the new fish. That pond is certainly large enough to handle the fish load.

o
check this source

I was going to suggest Price's Fish Farm so I went to their site to get a link and found they are going out of business. Everything is 1/2 price. Act now if interested....their prices were pretty darn cheap to start with!!

Here is a link that might be useful: prices fish farm

o

Thanks for the link ccoombs. I'm in North Florida and can get next day service by UPS ground.. Good prices all around too.
I will be calling them. I don't have a good way to quarantine. I'll just take my chances. Many will get eaten by the great heron's and large turtles that frequent the surrounding area anyway (at least until the Koi get some size to them).

o

I'm glad I could help! I don't know if you noticed....but they are selling that koi farm. As much as I would love to buy it, I don't have $1.2 mil in my pocket right now. Still a darn good deal for someone! I have heard that they sell good, healthy fish and run a closed farm so at least KHV isn't much of a concern.

o

kristink...might want to edit your web site a bit. Koi are known as "koi"....not "koi fish". You don't call a shark a shark fish, or a bass a bass fish. They are just plain Koi.

o

I'm looking for some small koi (2" to 3"). I just recently moved from Mass to Alabama and I had a koi pond in Mass and my whole family loved it. My 9 and 2 year old daughers would sit and talk and stare at the fish and it was amazing to see a 2 year old sit still for such a long time. It was great to see them enjoy the fish and my 9 year old enjoyed watching the fish grow, that is why I'm looking for small fish so the whole family can enjoy watching them grow. If anyone is selling any koi, nothing fancy for a reasonable price and is willing to ship or if anyone knows where I can order some fish for a reasonable price, I would greatly appreciate any info.

Thank you...

o

Try www.petsolutions.com- They have koi on sale pretty darn cheap right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Koi on Sale

o

Dear Rage
I live in Owens Cross Roads Al
I have a lot of koi fish to sell most any size
Have you located any yet i see this was a older post
Coolwind

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Koi Ponds Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here