Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Making my own greenhouse controll system

Posted by alfredos England (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 23, 03 at 11:31

Hi i was wondering if anyone could help me.
I am not an experienced grower but I have been doing a lot of research, I however cannot afford a popper system and that is why I am making one at school for my technology project.
I am making a greenhouse control system using hydraulics to open windows to lower the temperature. the problems i am finding is how to control the co2, humidity and the temperature (if it gets too low).
What i was thinking is to use a propane burner to increase the co2, I cant afford a co2 sensor so I am using a timer instead (do you know how long it should be on for, for every meter cubed). I was also thinking to use the propane burner to control the temp if it gets too low and that would reset the co2 timer. The humidity is a problem because I do not know If it will screw up the temperature if I open the windows when it gets too low. Or if the propane burner will make the humidity rise too much.
If you have anything to say about my project I would be very grateful

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Making my own greenhouse controll system

• Posted by Lynn9 z9,Northern Ca. (My Page) on
    Thu, Feb 6, 03 at 4:23

the only thing I can say is watch the co2 pretty closely. You don't want to have it build to a point where it is a health hazard for humans. I don't know anything about the technology here, but have almost passed out where people have forgotten to turn off an unventilated propane heater.

Maybe you can have some sort of separate co2 sensor connected to a valve on a ventilation system for the propane heater. I imagine that would be expensive- but who knows?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here