Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chuck_gw

swinging pipe system

chuck
18 years ago

In 04 my area got hit by a hurricane. Today, I was able to try out a new design of the pipe system that was destroyed. I strung a heavy galvanized wire between two posts about 25 feet apart. I cut about 25 feet of 4 inch irrigation pipe off the 100 foot roll I bought last year but never got around to using. I hung the pipe from the heavy overhead wire by tying off the pipe every 18 inches. The top end of the run is about 5 foot off the ground. The low end is about 3 foot. I stuck a water hose in the high end with a slow flow. I adjusted the tie offs along the pipe run to eliminate any low spots. Next, I used a small high speed grinder to make holes in the top of the 4 inch pipe to hold large 32 ounce cups. The cups are filled with perlite. The cups were cut on the bottom to make a flap that was bent down to allow the water flowing by to wash up into the perlite in the cups. The pump runs 24/7. I have taken some pictures of this system and posted them at the link below. I know that you will want to see this hanging pipe system for yourself. I hope you enjoy it. If you decide to build one, drop me a line and let me know. chuck

Here is a link that might be useful: swinging pipe system

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!