Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spray and Grow

Posted by kaysbelle z5IL (kaysbelle@yahoo.com) on
Fri, Jun 3, 05 at 14:12

Has anyone used the three ingredient formula from Spray and grow - fertilizer, wetting agent and insecticide? What was your experience? thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spray and Grow

Newbie here--thanks for the question. I'd like to know about regular 'ol spray n'grow? Does it perform as promised on QVC?

Thanks for asking! I hope someone answers!!

o

Go to the link below and click on 'Guaranteed Analysis'. The proportions of each element seem arbitrary to me. Sodium the highest? I don't know if garden plants require any sodium.

The product is intended to supply micronutrients (not NPK). I use compost or fish emulsion for that purpose. I think they are fine and they are economical.

Jim

o

what is fish emulsion and where do I get it? apply to all plants?

link not visible.

o

put fish emulsionm in the ground, it tends to smell a bit if put on the plants

o

put fish emulsionm in the ground, it tends to smell a bit if put on the plants

o

I fell for the Spray-N-Grow hype a few years ago and bought some. It's basically an iron supplenent that you spray on. I was completely underwhelmed.

o

I bought this product about 8 weeks ago and have been amazed at the size of everything that I have used it on. These plants also look very healthy and the blooming plants are loaded. VERY IMPRESSED with the product. I did a test spraying a new begonia and not spraying another the same size..the sprayed one is about 4 times the size of the unsprayed one and this is with just weekly spraying for the last 4 or 5 weeks.

o

I've used it several years with no real effect.

Foliar sprays like fish emulsion and ACT work much better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here