Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mensabrains

a free lawn of wheatgrass?

mensabrains
19 years ago

here's a funny idea i thought might be worth an experiment: if you live in a community that has health food and juice bar devotees, they may get nursery flats of wheat grass in, every day to make wheat grass juice, fresh on demand. at the end of the day, they have the nursury flat trays of shorn grass and have no use for them. I thought of going around and collecting these free flats of hydroponic sod and laying them in my yard on prepared soil, and watering them to see if they will grow up into lawn. or for that matter, a crop of wheat, if not cut by summer's end. since they are first raised hydroponically, you might want to mix up soil and water and pour it gently on/thru the blades, to surround the rootlets in soil to first connect them to the ground. and your lawn grows, one flat at a time. don't have to fret about caring for a whole lawn from the start. just one new flat at a time, until you have the area you want, covered. call it the modular method of adding a lawn. at any rate, ask around, if you have places that sell fresh wheatgrass juice, either one cup at a time on demand, or places who churn out a day's orders and bottle them and distribute daily. why waste all those free flats of wheatgrass? they want to grow up and be wheat!!!! or at least, lawns....
-janet in venice beach-

Comments (5)

Sponsored