Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
use Antibacterial Dishsoap on a lawn?????

Posted by brendi (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 07 at 17:01

I'd like to know if it's safe to use Antibacterial Dishsoap on a lawn for surfactant purposes or not, and if not, why. Thanks.

Brendi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: use Antibacterial Dishsoap on a lawn?????

No, but I can't tell you why.
I've just always read in just about every recipe to not use antibacterial.
Anyway, regular dish soap is pretty cheap and why chance it?

o

The best liquid soap for surfactant purposes is baby shampoo. Do not use soaps with degreasers and antibacterial additives. They will burn and kill foliage.

o

• Posted by mikie z9 St.Pete.FL (My Page) on
    Sun, Oct 14, 07 at 4:47

I have this 3 foot high section of chain link fence right next to the patio and hose bib. I frequently hang lots of stuff over that piece of fence and squirting it with a squirt bottle of soapy dishwashing soap. Then I can just hose it off well while its hanging there and leave it there to dry too. Not an everyday thing, but quite often.

See just the opposite of damage. Benefits. Weedilia, St Augustine lawn, Spider plants, ferns... probably more things than I know the names of right around there all benefit from me washing everything from paint brushes to auto shop rags right along that fenced area. That blue name brand antibacterial soap with amonia that I'm too lazy to go look at the name right now. Washing White house paint off brushes kind of tinted things for a while but didnt hurt them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here