Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pelleted seed for amatures

Posted by
Al
(a_richard_d@enfused.com) on
Sun, Aug 19, 01 at 11:25

I have two links on pelleted seed for amatures. One calls for "dry red clay...not white". I am many hundreds of miles from any clay that is not white. Where can I get some dry red clay?

(These pellets were described as big, half inch. I wanted to try and get some kids to work with the senior center in the spring. Thought kids would like the clay and seniors would like seed they could see. It never happened but there will be other springs, unless I am more senior than I think.)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pelleted seed for amatures

how about through an art supply catalogue, or a school supply catalogue, or an arts and crafts shop?

o

Try the clay that's available. You might find it works. This is the Garden Experiments Forum after all.

o

The "clay", for want of something to call it, that is avaible has so much salt or "alkali" or boron or something that precious little will grow in or near it. Local stuff is out.

I once got refered to a lipidary shop on line but they would never answer the question "Do you have dry red clay?" Does anyone have any links?

o

TRY THE "REBECCA'S GARDEN" WEBSITE... SHE HAD A SEGMENT ONCE ON HER SHOW, WHERE THE KIDS MADE CLAY PELLETS OF WILDFLOWER SEEDS & THEN WERE GOING TO SCATTER THEM TO REPLANT A WILD MEADOW... THE CLAY WOULD DISSOLVE IN THE RAINS & THEN THE NEW PLANTS WOULD START UP... GOOD GARDENING TO YOU,K.

o

anyone who lives in east TN can tell you about Red Clay, that is all we have here for soil. send me a box and about $400 for the return postage (this stuff is HEAVY) and i will send you all the red clay you want (100% organic!) LOL we dont WANT it here, im glad you can find a use for it! ~Ryan

o

LOL! I was thinking the same thing, mycarbumps! My son has red clay. Don't know about it dissolving in the rain, though. I brought a chunk back home with me and put it in the garden. It took 2 years to shrink to half. It WAS a fairly big chunk. Pellets would dissolve more quickly.

o

You can buy dry red clay at the beauty section of a health food store. You mix it with water and use it as a face mask.

The kind I have is Morrocan Red Clay and consists of naturally occuring Dolomite, sillica, ferric oxide, and mineral oxides.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here