Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fish bowl water for plants?

Posted by ned_rag z4 MN (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 2, 02 at 15:07

Just wondering before I try, is it okay to use water from Beta fish bowl change for watering plants?

Mpls. Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fish bowl water for plants?

• Posted by BarbC coastal SC (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 2, 02 at 20:00

Definitely - your plants will love it.

o

Why not? Don't think it will hurt anything - the fish loves it so give it a try. What color is your fish? Mine is red w/a blue tail.

o

Thanks for the help, I went right out and watered my plants with the fish goodies, could swear the plants were licking their leaves. Now, will go get another Betta, this time I want an all turquoise green one. The male I've had for 2 yrs is a light peach color with bright turquoise fins/tail with dark eye that watch me intently, eats like a carp and makes bubbles on the surface of the water. I won't mind cleaning out tanks now, previously I poured it on the compost pile.

Dee - Mpls.

o

My betta watches me, too, if my bedside reading light is on. When his light is on, he preens! Another betta has an experiment going on: I put some clear red plastic against his bowl. I tell people he was suffering sensory deprivation! He often goes to the red place and looks out. I have had fish who were affected by color. I used to walk into the room with a firetruck red coat and my betta AND the gourami would rush around their bowls with excitement. The plants love the yukkiest fishwater you can find. Even the water you keep your bait in after a fishing trip. If you don't water your plants with it you are wasting it! If you use plain water for mopping, they'd like that, too!
Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here