Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hjnewcomb

An artist - help with knowledge of plants please.

hjnewcomb
12 years ago

Bit of an odd one here, thankyou for reading and hope someone can offer some assitance, thanks in advance.

Hi my names Henry, I'm an artist recently graduated in Norwich, England. I've just been offered a solo show in London which is an amazing opportunity but its next month and i have alot of work to do.

One of the pieces i'm hoping to make is a small tree or large shrub, something maybe like the lily tree, which would be in the middle of a pool of coloured water. Similar to the old science experiments that you do in school, I'm hoping that with enough dye in the water the flowers on the tree would turn blue'ish.

I'm wondering if anyone knew if this would work the same as with flowers in water. I'm guessing it may take some time for the colour to take hold though.

If it is possible, i'd be looking for a largish shrub or small tree about 2 or 3m tall with lots of white flowers on it, prefrably something that wouldn't die if kept inside for a couple of weeks but the gallery does have a decent amount of natural light though. I'm guessing most would start to wilt a bit but some maybe more than others.

If anyone has any ideas on whether it would work or what type of plant i could use it would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Henry

www.henryjacksonnewcomb.co.uk

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz