Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
in need of castor beens to fend of babboons!

Posted by wilhelm.dup none (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 6, 11 at 15:53

Hello I'm in South Africa and I have a horde of pestilential mountain baboons destroying our vegetable garden constantly.
I would like to surround my vegetable garden with a barrage of castor bean plants.

does anyone have any seeds / beans I have eard different things people talking abuot castor bean plant SEEDS and then beans. Aren't the beans the seeds.

Please email me at wilhelm.dup@gmail.com, I can't get hold of these beans in this country, which is lovely without babboons in your vegetable garden, I can tell you.

Please let me know... a bag of beans would also help, but where do you get them? The baboons even eat potato peels, in fact they will eat anything edible, and I don't favour chemicals as I'm a bit of a naturalist. I just want to get rid of them, they're worse than the complains of DEER I've read about here...
thanks,
Wilhelm

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: in need of castor beens to fend of babboons!

Baboons are smart animals, which is why SA has such a problem. I don't know of a single type of animal here in the USA that will eat castor beans.

About the only remedy that I have heard will keep baboons out of anywhere is electric fencing.

Sue

o

In the US we have problems with baboons in congress. No one seems to be able to remove them.

o

Oh! Oh! Maybe plain old castor oil for some Congressmen is a good idea? I am apprehensive of growing castor beans because I have children and very stupid dogs running around, but lots of people grow them and lots of seed catalogs carry them and some seed catalogs will ship overseas. One of them is Johnny's selected seeds, and I am sure there is more.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here