Return to the Garden Experiments Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Solviva anyone?

Posted by DLuken_Brull z4MN (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 4, 01 at 9:55

Has anyone built or know of anyone that has built a greenhouse based on Anna Edey's system using chickens for heat? I just ordered her book "Solviva" and was hoping to hear some success stories!

I first read about her in a 1994 artical in the news paper and have been intriged ever since.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Solviva anyone?

Excellent. I've been trying to justify a chicken. Based on the stretching of logic, I think I can now justify a flock. Why stop with the greenhouse when winter is just 'round the corner, and the gas utility is trying to make up for the mild fall?

o

just heard about and bought the book myself, so i basically have the same questions as you. I'd also like to hear from folks who've tried the plans. We are looking at home plans and considering the 1200 ft. Solviva plan.

o

I'm interested in all her plans-has anyone used the biofilter plans she had for septic systems?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Experiments Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here