Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beebiz_gw

Have you pollinated your tomatoes today?????

beebiz
18 years ago

I originally posted this question in the tomato forum, but decided that some of you folks here might be more appropriate targets! By the way, since I am posting this question here and want to learn as much as possible, don't just limit the question to tomatoes. What about watermelon, canteloupe, cucumber, and others? Here's a copy of my original post:

"First of all, let me say that as far as I know, I've never had and pollination problems with my outside grown tomatoes. I am simply curious and you know that curiosity killed the cat!!

I have done a lot of research about greenhouse grown tomatoes. Understandably, these folks have to have some manual means of pollinating their tomatoes. Some use bees, some use vibrating apparatuses, some use other methods.

I am simply wondering if any of you have tried using any type of vibrating apparatuses or other means (other than nature and the weather) of manually pollinating your tomatoes that are grown outside. If you have or do, what means have you tried and does it seem to make a difference in your tomato quality or the plant's total production?

Again, I've not had any pollination problems that I know of... just curious.

Thanks for your time,

Robert"

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to reading your responses!

Robert

Comments (5)