Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for gardening friends in Southern MS

Posted by mississippibelle 8/9 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 07 at 12:52

Hi I live on the MS Gulf Coast and am planning an extravagant english garden for spring, would love people in southern mississippi to tell me what grows well for them, I live just a block off the beach in Ocean Springs. I want to know what you grow sucessfully as far as perennials, and bloomers.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for gardening friends in Southern MS

Hi, mississippibelle. I don't have my yard yet, but will be moving into our new house soon. Meeting the landscaper next week to see what he's got planned. We'll be in Pass Christian, but the house Katrina took was in Long Beach, MS. We were close to the beach, and I loved my yard. I had sago palms, crepe myrtles, Indian hawthorne, grey juniper, fatsia, holly, etc. During the summer, I had lovely yellow shrimp plants, impatiens, angelwing begonias, vinca/periwinkle, etc. Winter consisted of tall snapdragons of every hue, pansies, etc. After renting in a crummy complex for the last two years, I am so ready to get in my own yard and try new things, as well as old. What are you planting for fall bloom? Look forward to hearing from you.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here