Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best wishes from Alberta, Canada

Posted by IngaMi z3b AB (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 05 at 7:14

Hi to all of you,
I think my message of earlier days was tossed as well, as it dealt with Katrina. But here you have the conversation area so I'll post again...
Every single person I know "up here" in Alberta is thinking of you in the devastated areas of the Gulf Coast. And I know a ton of people!
We are wishing you all the best of our thoughts and prayers.

I keep up with all the developments in your areas, and like so many others wish I was there to help.
Faith in Alberta ( I'm kind of in south central Alberta, north of Calgary, south of Edmonton )

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best wishes from Alberta, Canada

It is nice to know our northern neighbors care. Last year when we had two hurricanes (with a tropical storm in between) it was Canadian power crews that got our power restored both times. They were so nice, and didn't even act like you were strange when you started crying while you were trying to thank them.
Canada should be proud of their "representatives" - I heard so many people here in this area comment about how great they were. I'm so glad to finally have someone to tell - I have thought about it often.

o

Thank you Lynne, for the nice thoughts about Canada. I'm glad our representatives are there to help, you are our best friends!
Faith in Alberta

o

Florida has crews over in MS and LA as we speak. We also have local Home Depot and Lowe's people there running the stores in the areas affected so that the local employees can deal with what they need to.

o

• Posted by danbo 8b MS Coast (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 19, 05 at 22:45

Normally, police from around Mississippi come to the coast during the first few hours after the storm. Because of the intensity of Katrina they had to stay and help in the recovery of their own communities. Wed night. State police from Alabama arrived to help. By sunday policemen from Florida cities were helping.

When I was heading home the day after Katrina. I was not alone on I-10.

Thank you to all our friends who came to our aid. The police, the fire departments, the search and rescue groups, the military, the power workers. Thanks you all. You were a god sent.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Louisiana & Mississippi Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here